Thursday, January 14, 2010

Update - 1/14

OK...Cam is back in the hospital. On Monday morning, Cam woke up throwing up and then started complaining about her neck hurting. Of course, our first inclination was to call the pediatrician for what we thought would be a quick visit to make sure everything was normal. Of course, we were wrong...

Cam was admitted back into Morristown Memorial via the ER on Monday afternoon and diagnosed with meningitis...AGAIN..or STILL...?

She had a CT scan on Monday afternoon followed by an MRI which showed no cancer which is good. However, the spinal tap that followed on Wednesday showed white cells so she is back on IV antibiotics and is scheduled to have a PIC line (the return of SUPERTUBE!!!!) put back in on Friday morning.

We will most likely be heading back to Boston on Tuesday to meet with the doctors there (neuro-oncology, neurosurgery, neurology) to get their take on the situation. The thought is that perhaps the fluid pocket that developed post surgery is the source of the infection. Unfortunately, at this point, we just don't know and we need more people weighing in on the situation...

At this point, Cam is feeling good, which is nice. We will wait and see what the next few days bring, if anything and keep our fingers crossed that it all works out.

Boston is lovely this time of year, right...?

With Love,

Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment