Sunday, August 23, 2009

Latest Update

I spoke with Mark and he asked that I update everyone on the latest information. Cam had an MRI today and the doctors were again ecstatic with the results. Not only did the MRI confirm that they were able to remove the entire tumor but there is still nothing showing that is concerning the doctors. The girls were able to ask questions, cry, and eventually feel good about the fact that they know what is going on and that their little sister is in good hands at the hospital. The girls left to go to Charleston with Robin's parents for the week. Later in the day the doctors were trying to pump any excess fluid out of Cam's lungs but were unsuccessful because they found out the tube was bent somehow. So they took that tube out to put in another tube and were then able to pump the little bit of fluid. An attempt was also made to bring her out of sedation but Cam's breathing was shallow so the doctors will try again tomorrow. There wasn't any concern about having her under for one more day as they mentioned everyone responds differently. Her fever is also down to 99 from 102 so that also continues to improve.

On the homefront for the Hoyt's a member of their family heard of an organization called HeartWorks has stepped up and they are going to pay the fees Greg and Robin would have had to pay in order for the girls to take the bus to school. They are also offering to help with cleaning services and other avenues for help so the transition back home for Greg, Robin, and the girls is as smooth as it possibly can be. This organization was formed by a lady after 9-11 who wanted to start a non-profit to help families with the things they are now offering to Greg and Robin. God Bless them!

Greg and Robin have been able to take some time to read your posts and they are overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation for all of the love and support for their family. They again would like to thank you for all of your love and support. They have felt everyone's love for them and it has really helped them through this tough time. Continue to pray for them and for Cam that she will continue to grow strong and continue to get better.

Chris West

5 comments:

  1. you are constantly in my thoughts since this came about. Please know that we are thinking and praying for you. You guys are strong and will make it through this. Cam is a brave little girl! Stay strong. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from a distance. I wish we lived closer. Mike will be in NY for business next week and hopes to stop by and see you. I will send some hugs! XOXO ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ben praying for Cam since I first heard the news. She is in my thoughts every day. I am so glad to hear she is doing better and the dr's are pleased with the results they see. If there is anything I can do, anything at all...please just let me know.
    Keep strong. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoyt Family, each of you remain in my heart and prayers ! I am praying for healing, strength, patience and peace of mind ! I am so happy for your good surgery results ! God is good ! You are so blessed with such a loving, precious family ! Many, many prayers are coming your way !
    Sincerely, Genia Floyd (Christian Altman's momma)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been praying for Cam since we first found out. Samantha has been praying especially hard. She is thrilled that good news has come Cam's way. Thanks for the regular updates. We are always checking the website to see how Cam is doing. We are so happy the surgery went so well.You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!
    xoxo The Palazzolo Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please know that I am thinking and praying for your family.. I am so happy the surgery went so well, Cam is a strong little girl.

    If I can do anything please let me know... Stay Strong!

    Mizz Eddy

    ReplyDelete