Saturday, October 17, 2009

Update - 10/17

After a quick trip to Boston on Friday afternoon for an MRI (quick if you consider the 11 hours in the car "quick"), we are ready to go back tomorrow evening so that Cam can be there at 9:15 Monday morning to start her radiation treatments.

We also got a call from one of the oncology team in Boston who, after much discussion with infections disease doctors, decided that after Cam finishes her current course of antibiotics through the IV, she will continue on antibiotics during her radiation with a liquid she will take twice a day by mouth. They want to be sure that stopping the medicine now does not allow the infection to come back and delay anything with her treatments.

Otherwise, we are ready to go. We are eager to get this started so that she can get this behind her as quickly as possible.

Thank you to everyone for all of the support you have provided us with up to this point. We are truly grateful.

With Love,

Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & Campbell


  1. It must be a relief to be starting the treatment. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a smooth week. It's comforting to know that you are in such good hands! XOXO
    The D's

  2. We continue to pray for Cam and know that she is in God's hands. Stay strong and know your friends and family are always behind you!
    The Chinns in Greenville