Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Update #2

OK...so Cam still has a fever. The oncologist and the infections disease doctors want to add steroids to the existing drug regimen. Then tomorrow they would do an idium scan to see if they could locate the source of infection (if there is one).

The neurosurgeon's inclination is to take Cam off of EVERYTHING for 24 hours and see what happens. If her fever spikes overnight, then the scan would still show the infection and, if anything it would be easier to locate.

Luckily, there are a lot of smart people talking to each other now to try and come up with a solution here. Unfortunately, they are not all in agreement so we have to put them in a steel cage and see who is the last standing.

Regardless of the outcome, we just want her to get better. Hopefully, whatever they decide we will get there - we just need to see movement in that direction!

More to come once the final bell rings with the doctors...

With Love,

Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & "Typhoid" Campbell

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you all. Rachel, Jake and Emily Rosen

    ReplyDelete