Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update - 9/30

While Cam did not have any tests scheduled today she did her best to keep us all on our toes and keep it from being an uneventful day.

This afternoon, she vomited. Under normal circumstances, this would not be a big deal. However, given her history we were immediately concerned that this might be a bad sign. The doctors, on the other hand, were not immediately concerned. Given that she had just had the MRI last night, the fear of increased pressure (hyrdocephalus) was not high with them. So we continued the rest of the day relatively normally. Then tonight she threw up again. No word on what this means to the doctors but I am inclined to think that it may be OK with them again given their previous explanation.

We are not sure if this will change the plans to discharge her on Friday. She was not running a fever associated with the vomiting so hopefully it won't. However, we have seen multiple times already as we go through this, the discharge date is not firm until you are pulling out of the parking lot with her safely strapped in to the car seat.

Tomorrow, she is scheduled for an opthamology appointment to get a baseline eye test before the radiation starts. They are also planning on giving her a transfusion in the afternoon when she returns as she is still anemic and they would like to get that number up in the normal range before radiation as well.

We'll hope for a quite night tonight and see what tomorrow brings.

With Love,

Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & Campbell.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hoyt Family,
    Campbell is in my prayers as well as the rest of you.
    My name is Michelle Delfs. I am the founder of Tutus For Tots, a charity that brings gifts to the children of Goryeb Children's Hospital. My friend Vicki T(Shoprite) contacted me about Campbell this week. I make tutus, capes and other whimsical items and deliver them to the hospital every few months. I have made several items for Campbell and my friends Laura and Kerry have donated a lovie and beanie cap as well! I spoke with Goryeb today and they told me to contact you directly for info on your return. Please let me know when Campbell returns to Goryeb, as I will deliver these items soon after the date of her return. I would also love to make tutus, etc...for your other daughters. As I know you don't have time to foward sizing info, I'll take a guess. I hope these items will bring smiles and joy to your little ones!
    You can contact me at michelledelfs@tutusfortots.com. You may also check my website(just to make sure I'm legit @ www.tutusfortots.com). The Child Life Program at Goryeb can also confirm this charity. Please contact me with any info regarding your return. Again, you are all in my prayers.

    Sincerely,
    Michelle Delfs
    www.tutusfortots.com
    michelledelfs@tutusfortots.com

    ReplyDelete