Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Update - 9/22

Campbell was moved out of ICU yesterday afternoon and into a "regular" room. Campbell continued to run a fever through the night but this morning it was gone. It was back again late morning/early afternoon. Dr Mazzola was in first thing this morning and was concerned that the swelling in the back of Cam's head was a little more than it was yesterday. She wasn't yet alarmed but we will continue to watch it.

Dr Beyorda was also in and was pleased the the white cells in the spinal fluid taken yesterday were significantly lower than before (100 vs 1000 in the previous tap). As of this morning, the culture had also not grown anything which is good news. They are going to ensure that nothing is growing for 72 hours before making the decision on what day to send Campbell home. As of right now, it looks like Thursday at the earliest. If the culture comes back positive, they will want to do another spinal tap on Friday.

We also got visits by Dr Mahmoud, Dr Thomas & Dr Kohn which really makes us feel good that they are all keeping such a close eye on her.

She had a good night last night and got some sleep. She has been up painting today, played Go Fish with Dad, ate some breakfast and all of her lunch, watched who knows how many movies and is really looking good. We'll hope that the trend continues. While the original plan was 72 hours fever free before discharge, if she continues to make improvement, we are hopeful that she can go home if, heaven forbid, she still is running one on Thursday.

Thanks for your continued prayers!

With Love,

Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & Campbell


  1. Keep feeling good, Little Cam! You are always in my thoughts.
    "Mrs. Lev"

  2. Good morning! I hope you all had some fun yesterday celebrating Greg's birthday and that Cam had another good night's sleep. We're thinking of you and hoping that Cam gets to come home soon. XOXO
    The D's