And the winner is....Dr Mazzola - neurosurgeon and GENIUS!!
They are taking Cam off of all of the antibiotics and will not be adding steroids at this time. We will wait and see what the fever does once the antibiotics work their way out of her system. If it spikes again we know that there is some type of infection but the markers for the body scan will possibly be clearer.
The scan should happen tomorrow afternoon. She will most likely need to be sedated and intubated for the scan which obviously has some risks. They have already requested a pediatric anesthesiologist be available for tomorrow. It seems that the first MRI (on Friday August 21st) used a "regular" anesthesiologist which resulted in a , shall we say, "violent" reaction.
So despite the holiday, there does seem to be some "troubleshooting" taking place today. We are very relieved that even if it doesn't get rid of the fever, we will start getting some answers soon.
Greg, Robin, Caitlin, Caroline & Cam